Export Multiple Gallery Stills Issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Harry Bennett-Snewin

Export Multiple Gallery Stills Issue

PostSat Mar 21, 2015 10:27 am

I'm wanting to export multiple stills grabbed from multiple timelines however the way Resolve names the grabs creates many repeated names. This means when I export quite a lot get overwritten.. Is there a way of renaming so I can avoid exporting in batches?

Harry Bennett-Snewin

Re: Export Multiple Gallery Stills Issue

PostFri Jul 31, 2015 5:06 pm

As a feature request for v12 may i suggest an option in which saved stills are named by their filename and frame number? (e.g. A001C001_000001)

the current way that names stills based on video track, clip number in timeline, version leads to duplicates if you have one stills dump and multiple timelines. this leads to duplicates being overwritten on exporting without prompt.

Marc Wielage

PostSat Aug 01, 2015 12:58 am

Harry Bennett-Snewin wrote:As a feature request for v12 may i suggest an option in which saved stills are named by their filename and frame number? (e.g. A001C001_000001) the current way that names stills based on video track, clip number in timeline, version leads to duplicates if you have one stills dump and multiple timelines. this leads to duplicates being overwritten on exporting without prompt.

I agree: I wish there was a way to export stills based on the custom title within the session and not the file name/frame number method.

My workaround is to export each timeline's stills to a separate folder, then copy them together in one batch within the operating system. The OS will avoid overwriting the old file with a new one if you select that option.

It would be nice if Resolve could keep track of this housekeeping and keep all the destination still file names separate, adding a _1 or _2 extension if necessary.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Francesco Marotta

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 7:11 am

Hi everyone, I am still having this issue... and I have to admit, it is embarassing and boring not to have a real workaroud for this...can please someone in blackmagic answer this question?

PLEASE!

Return to DaVinci Resolve