DNxHR Quicktime Component now available

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

chrisbrearley

DNxHR Quicktime Component now available

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 12:44 pm

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_U ... -Codecs-LE

This is more of a general post workflow subject but I know a lot of people on here (including me) have a real gripe about there being no ProRes export option on a PC available making UHD/4k export a real headache in terms of file size. Avid have now released an update to their Quicktime Codec LE pack which means DNxHR can now be imported into any software package that will take .MOV (so everything) and not just Media Composer.

Hopefully this will go someway towards making the lack of prores support a none issue.

chrisbrearley

Re: DNxHR Quicktime Component now available

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Although, it has just occurred to me that Resolve only exports DNxHR via MXF wrapper which I think means that the latest Avid Codec pack isn't much help to us. I'm at home at the moment and my laptop isn't cut out for Resolve. Could anyone just confirm that DNxHR is only an option via MXF?

If so then we need Blackmagic to implement MOV support for DNxHR otherwise we are left waiting for all the other software vendors out there to implement DNxHR MXF support - and I can't see that happening anytime soon..

Chris Kenny

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Yes, just did some testing. Resolve only exports DNxHR to MXF, and neither Premiere nor FCP X can do anything with the resulting files. (FCP says it can't import, Premiere actually crashed on me.)
DI Workflow, Nice Dissolve
http://nicedissolve.com

Dermot Shane

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Avid|DS reads the mxf from both Resolve and MC, and reads and writes Qt wrapped DNxHR, it's early days everyone will get likely there....

Survivor_Films

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 7:47 pm

Hmm... just tried importing a DNxHR 444 into Fusion and it just comes in black. Sony Vegas loads it ok though (well, as much as Vegas loads *anything* :))

Dmytro Kruglov

PostTue Sep 15, 2015 10:44 am

Hi!
Which player can open DNxHR Win8.1

Best regards,

Return to DaVinci Resolve