Lost dongle // success stories

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ernest Kovalenko

Lost dongle // success stories

PostMon Apr 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Hey,

I have this BMCC camera. And I did have the dongle.
and yeah I've lost it in the work-home-work-home circle.

Have heard of any success stories about being granted a new one from BM?

those who lost the dongle, are you content with the lite version?

Iliya Gitlin

Re: Lost dongle // success stories

PostTue Apr 21, 2015 6:08 am

not to lose the dongle with frequent changes of workplace, I use virtualhere on my synology nas. It is very convenient server for remote use usb devices. The server can be installed on almost anything - from a simple computer with win\osx\linux to raspberry. The client also works on any operating system. So my Resolve dongle is always in one place, and I can work in any other place where there is Internet. Accordingly, the dongle can connect to only one computer at a time. And the cost of a license for an unlimited number of devices should not expensive.
CPU i9-10940X
RAM 96Gb
GPU RTX3070+RTX3080 latest studio driver
Win11Pro 22H2
Resolve Studio 18,6,2

adamroberts

PostTue Apr 21, 2015 6:19 am

Ernest Kovalenko wrote:Have heard of any success stories about being granted a new one from BM?

those who lost the dongle, are you content with the lite version?

I doubt BM will give you a free replacement.
The dongles pop up on eBay and other forums often and are usually pretty reasonably priced.

The Lite version have most of the functionality of the full version. You'll be missing multi GPU support and noise reduction. Other missing features are all pretty high end.

Ronan Le Meillat

PostSun May 21, 2017 12:48 pm

For information today (May 2017) with the dongle on a QNAP Intel host and VirtualHere 4.0.9 for Mac. It does not work completely.
See my post here.
The application opens, you can work with but the delivery does not work correctly it generates multiple Color band artefacts.

Return to DaVinci Resolve