Please lord help me

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kendall Williams

Please lord help me

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 1:09 am

I have taken the time now to search for three days on what the problem could be with no luck.

Here is the problem.

I have been using DaVinci Resolve 9 with my Blackmagic mft 2.5k camera or two years now with no problems. Now my RAW footage is showing black thumbnails but I can hear my audio just fine. I am running a PC (Asus g75w/Core i7/GeForce GTX560M 2GB with Windows 7) again I have never had a problem until three days ago.

Now when I click open file location it shows all of my raw dng files in the folder (so I don't think it's a linkage problem, but I still feel it might be). I can even open them in Adobe Bridge.

Hmmm I want to make sure i provide everything here...

I guess that's it, I didn't have this problem and now I do. Can anyone please help, this is so annoying and i really need to complete this project for someone.

O, I will mention this, I did change my SSD dock station three days ago and I would deem this the problem... but I did two things and I noticed 1 thing.

The thing I noticed was that my prores footage shows up, but my RAW dng videos are still black thumbnails (but I can hear the audio)

And I even transferred everything off of my SSD card to my HD on my laptop and I still see the black thumbnails (again I can hear my audio)

Pleasssssssssssssssssssssse hellllllllp!

I have searched all around the website and read around the forums, if I missed something please link me to it and I will gladly follow

Respectfully,

Ken
Attachments
pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (393.79 KiB) Viewed 917 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Please lord help me

PostTue Jun 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Why are you still using Resolve 9?

Resolve 9 does not decode the current BMD compressed raw files. I'm not sure that's what you are seeing, but seems likely.

Can you post/link to one of the .dng files?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

JPOwens

PostTue Jun 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Why are you still using Resolve 9?

Estimating that to be the (at least) $11,000 question: the price associated with updating software that obsoletes older hardware -- that would be my guess.

We are all well aware that succeeding versions of software almost always demand an update in support -- whether its Desktop Video, OS, hardware, or something else, its going to cost money and time, although those two assets have an energy/mass equivalence similar to Einstein's relation. Very often users have to make a choice whether to move ahead or stay with what they know, or either drop or drastically revise a service. One way or another it usually results in pain. For example, moving into Mavericks or Yosemite will cause issues with some kinds of hardware support -- but if you want to run 11 or 12, you're just going to have to suck it up.

jPo

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jun 09, 2015 6:52 pm

The change from raw to lossless compressed RAW was made in camera software version 2.1. Assuming the camera has been updated to this level or higher, and there is a desire to continue to use Resolve 9, the solution would be to revert to an older camera software version.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve