RESOLVE RENDERING SQUARE?!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Matt Iuliano

RESOLVE RENDERING SQUARE?!

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi guys,

Im on Resolve 11 Lite, and have imported a rendered Premiere Pro movie which I edited in 1920x800
Ive set up resolve for this frame and it shows the clip correctly when I grade it, and also while its rendering for delivery as it previews it it is in the correct ratio, but the outputted file is small and square, its all squashed!

Ive tried a few different settings, and codecs but it keeps spitting out this squashed square clip :cry:

Any ideas? I am thinking it has something todo with "pixel Aspect Ratio but unsure of what choose to keep it as clean as possible. When i choose, say,Cinemascope - it is stretching my picture out

Thanks heaps

Matt

Dmitry Kitsov BMD

Blackmagic Design

Re: RESOLVE RENDERING SQUARE?!

PostFri Jun 05, 2015 1:41 am

Hello, Matt.
pleade make sure that your timeline settings in the master project settings are 1920 x 1080. Then make sure you have a square pixel aspect ratio.
Chose an Apple ProRes, QuickTime format or QuickTime dnxhd in the delivery page and try again.
Blackmagic Design Sr.Technical Support Engineer

Marc Wielage

Re: RESOLVE RENDERING SQUARE?!

PostFri Jun 05, 2015 3:12 am

Watch out for Match Timeline Settings. If the Timeline Settings are 1920x800, and the output settings on the Delivery page are 1920x800, it should work. Changing Pixel Aspect Ratio should not be necessary unless you're dealing with an anamorphic project.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve