Feature Request: Add percentages to "Show picker RGB value"

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Joe Shapiro

Feature Request: Add percentages to "Show picker RGB value"

PostWed Jun 10, 2015 10:36 am

Hi Folks
First off I love Resolve. It's amazing and wonderful that you supply the light version for free. I'm also quite a fan of my bmpcc and intend to get the new successor to it.

My feature request - when I'm grading I like to "pixel peep" the skintones using "Show picker RGB value." But what I'm really looking for is the relative values of R G and B so I can use a table like photokaboom.com's 1_skin_tone_samples.htm

It'd be really nice if I could see not only the RGB values but also their percentages. If you showed them both you wouldn't even need a setting to control it. I hope you see the utility of this - or perhaps something like it already exists and I'm just unaware of it.

Thanks!
Joe

p.s. I also sent this via the email support form but it didn't give me a confirmation so I'm making sure it gets out there... :-)
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.6
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

seanross67

Re: Feature Request: Add percentages to "Show picker RGB val

PostWed Jun 10, 2015 2:19 pm

YES!!!
Resolve on a iMac Pro 11.6 64gb RAM Radeon Pro Vega 64.
Davinci 17.4.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve