UltraStudio Express + DaVinci

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Johny_Sko

UltraStudio Express + DaVinci

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 1:17 am

logs.zip
crash_archive.txt + ResolveDebug.txt
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Hello,
I have a problem with an external card UltraStudio Express and DaVinci Resolve Lite (9.0.4) on my iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011, OS X 10.8.2). When the card is not connected to the iMac, starts DaVinci applications without any problems. Unfortunately, once the card will connect to iMac, shortly after appear of initialization window is followed by application crash. I tried to reinstall the driver of card and application whole DaVinci Resolve Light including deleting the database but without success. Met somebody with similar problem? Thank you for the advice.
JS

Johny_Sko

Re: UltraStudio Express + DaVinci

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Hello,
now I tried UltraStudio Express with DaVinci on MacBook Pro (OS X 10.7.4). And it works. Can be problem caused by OS version?

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 3:16 am

Johny_Sko wrote:
logs.zip
Hello,
I have a problem with an external card UltraStudio Express and DaVinci Resolve Lite (9.0.4) on my iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011, OS X 10.8.2). When the card is not connected to the iMac, starts DaVinci applications without any problems. Unfortunately, once the card will connect to iMac, shortly after appear of initialization window is followed by application crash. I tried to reinstall the driver of card and application whole DaVinci Resolve Light including deleting the database but without success. Met somebody with similar problem? Thank you for the advice.
JS

How much RAM do you have? Resolve needs a minimum of 8GB RAM.

If you have less RAM, you can try adding this to your Preferences/Advanced:

Local.Resource.Buffers.1 = 1000

Save and Restart Resolve
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Johny_Sko

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 4:22 am

Problem was solved by changing the language from Czech to English in System preferences.

Return to DaVinci Resolve