Sapphire OFX Licensing problems

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Brendon Rathbone

Sapphire OFX Licensing problems

PostTue Jul 07, 2015 4:51 am

I am having some issues licensing Sapphire for use in davinci resolve. I have tried contacting their support but have not gotten anywhere after they remoted into my system. I am trying to license their ofx plugins for Resolve but even though the activation seems to be successful inside resolve it says not licensed if I click on help, and I get the watermark.

I have tried reinstalling resolve, uninstalling and reinstalling the ofx plugins, and restarting multiple times. I have also tried buying a new license as well as offline activations. I am running a supermicro tower with two gtx 980s and windows 7 if that helps. I'm guessing it's on the Sapphire end but thought I would check here as their tech support had no luck.

Any ideas?

Brendon Rathbone

Re: Sapphire OFX Licensing problems

PostThu Jul 23, 2015 11:09 pm

I found out my problem so thought I would post here in case anyone else wants to diagnose more easily.

Apparently I have some post dated system files and as soon as Sapphire sees these it won't allow activation(but doesn't really give me any warning just says it activated succesfully)

I've tried a bunch of solutions online including attribute changing programs and SFC commands in command prompt(in safe mode and out of safe mode) but I guess short of a reinstall of windows I am out of luck until I don't have mission critical stuff on my box.

Return to DaVinci Resolve