OSX best GPU

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mikeparsons

OSX best GPU

PostThu Jul 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Im about to upgrade ready for 12, currently running 2 x GTX 780Ti in an expansion chassis and a GTX 680 for GUI.

I have enough Linux hell in my life with Flame to NOT want a Red Hat Resolve as I use so many client supplied codecs I use the Resolve to straighten everything out into DPX for online.

So my question, Im thinking of replacing all three GPUs with either TitanZ or GTX 780 Ti. Obviously the price differential between the Titan Z and GTX 780 Ti is huge (US1500 v US750 so I'm asking if the performance benefits under OSX make the extra expense worthwhile. Has anyone got a link to some benchmarks?

I doubt the 12 GB vs 6 GB will have any impact but the almost doubling of cuda cores must make a huge difference right?

Mike

davidanderson

Re: OSX best GPU

PostFri Jul 17, 2015 2:16 pm

GPU heavy Tasks with the Titan in my system are over twice as fast at the 6GB 780 it replaced, the 980Ti is probably better value though, you could get a pair of those instead.

Return to DaVinci Resolve