DaVinci Resolve Lite with the Intel 4000 graphics Mac MINI

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

garena

DaVinci Resolve Lite with the Intel 4000 graphics Mac MINI

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 pm

I can't open DaVinci Resolve Lite with the Intel 4000 graphics.
I bought a new MAC MINI Intel Core i5 dual-core a 2,5GHz
Can you HELP ME?
Please!

Thank you

adamroberts

Re: DaVinci Resolve Lite with the Intel 4000 graphics Mac M

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 1:13 pm

The Mac mini does not have a graphics card that is supported by Resolve. It won't work, ever.

garena

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 10:30 pm

adamroberts wrote:The Mac mini does not have a graphics card that is supported by Resolve. It won't work, ever.

Thank You
I'm very sad!

Christian Schmeer

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 am

BMD should get into external GPU manufacturing :D A Thunderbolt connected nVidia card would be great!
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer

sincohen

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 am

Actually its a bit more complicated and nefarious than that. It is one of the touted features of the Intel HD4000 that it finally supports OpenCL (HD3000 and previous did not) which is the minimum requirement for running resolve. However, somewhat inexplicably Apple/Intel have not enabled OpenCL for OS X with the HD4000. It is not clear if this is intentional as a way of limiting certain system capabilities, because the performance is not acceptable in Apple's opinion, or if its just not yet implemented.

The fact remains that performance with an HD4000 would not be good and you could not realistically use resolves many features with an enjoyable user experience. That said it sure would be nice if you could at least open resolve projects or do some minor work in resolve such as creating dailies, etc which the hd4000 would be acceptable if a bit slow at.

So there is hope that with a future OS upgrade and some patience with the limited performance that the new Mac Mini, MacBookAir and 13" non retina MacBookPro will someday "support" resolve. Then again this may never happen.

Also please note that currently Apple does not support Thunderbolt attached graphics cards.

s.

Return to DaVinci Resolve