DR12 - Enable OSX Automatic Dock Show/Hide

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jonathon Racz

DR12 - Enable OSX Automatic Dock Show/Hide

PostSat Aug 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi everyone,

First post here, I'll start with the regular thanking the BMD team for making this awesome software even better and for keeping a richly featured free version.

I've been playing around with DR12 on OSX, and found a really annoying bug that also affected DR11 when using the native OSX window frame view. When setting the Dock to show/hide automatically in OSX, the user is supposed to be able to bring the dock in and out of view by moving the cursor to the bottom of the screen. When using Resolve, the dock show/hide functionality stops working until the user switches focus away from Resolve. I get why this works the way it does for fullscreen mode, but it really seems like when using the native OSX window frame view Resolve should behave like other applications and allow the Dock to show/hide.

From my past experience, this bug was present in DR 11 and 12, tested under Mountain Lion, Yosemite, and the latest Developer Beta of El Capitan.

Hope this can get fixed soon, or we can at least get an option for it. Thanks!

Joe Castellon

Re: DR12 - Enable OSX Automatic Dock Show/Hide

PostSun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 pm

I'm having the same issue and it's really annoying. Using the latest version of DaVinci Resolve and Mac OS X El Capitan.

Nate Porter

PostTue Apr 05, 2016 12:28 am

Kind of annoying, but alt+tab has become my best friend

benjackson

PostSat Mar 18, 2017 11:56 pm

As a user of 3 screens, this is a super annoying 'feature' of resolve. Alt-tab is not a solution. I want resolve to be on one (and another) screen (color accurate screens), but I have another screen where my dock is located to get other work done (larger, main screen that isn't color accurate). It's not appropriate for resolve to make the dock not appear unless i switch out of the app. It should be a user controllable preference.

Please fix this Blackmagic.
--
Hackintosh Monterey 12.6.7, 12 core 7920X with AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB, 64GB RAM, 72TB internal RAID and 500GB M.2 NVME
Davinci Resolve Studio
BMPCC 6K
MacBook Pro M1 Pro 16" 16GB RAM
MacMini M1 8GB RAM Recording Studio

Sam Steti

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 am

AFAIK, this old post resurrection is not relevant : the OP is about the Dock, and I've been experiencing a normal behavior for months now (though I cannot state on the date it came back to a normal behavior). If my dock is hidden, I can have it show up when the mouse hit the screen's bottom...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Nicolas Horne

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 8:58 am

Nate Porter wrote:.. alt+tab ..

usually cmd-TAB
Resolve Studio 18, MiniPanel, UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3, LG UltraFine 5K, Sony BVM-F250A, Promise Pegasus R4, OWC Envoy Pro EX VE 2TB SSD, OWC Thunderblade 2TB SSD, OWC ThunderBay Flex 8 48TB, 2021 MBP M1 Max 64GB, 2019 MBP Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB, BMD eGPU

Return to DaVinci Resolve