DRS12 B1 : My images are more yellow... wait no actually

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Raphael Dinge

DRS12 B1 : My images are more yellow... wait no actually

PostSun Aug 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi,

First thanks for the fantastic work with DRS12 beta.

When I imported my version 11 project into 12 and watching it, I figured out that my picture were more yellow. On a second thought, I just realised that the whole interface has some kind of blue cast now, which makes large surfaces around the picture in color mode have this blue cast, which somehow induces a perceptual yellow cast for my pictures (exports are totally fine)

I used digital color meter to check for the colors, and I can confirm that the blue channel measured in the target colorspace of my screen has this small color cast (for example 40, 40, 46 in the darkest portion of the interface).

Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 14.39.55.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 14.39.55.png (42.31 KiB) Viewed 376 times

I found a workaround by simply going to "enhanced viewer" mode to decrease the amount of blue surrounding around my pictures. So, I don't believe this just "user resistance" from a product design point of view.

Could the interface be changed to have some more neutral colors ? Or have multiple "UI color themes" one could choose from ?

Thanks,

Raphael

Return to DaVinci Resolve