first impressions

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Patrick Spadrille

first impressions

PostWed Aug 05, 2015 4:47 pm

I tried resolve 12 for a few days ans i'm pretty impressed. It almost could replace Premiere with no regrets. BUT, there is a few things that aren't there and that could make the difference. Please Blackmagic team, consider these modifications.

- Changing multiple fields at the same time in the media pool. I would like to be able to select many clips in the field view and, if i modify the display name, it changes the display names of every selected files. It would be very useful for the display names using metadata. It's a bit frustrating having to select each clip one by one to copy the exact same metadata grabber on hundreds of clips. We can change multiple metadatas at the same time but the display name is not one of the metadata and is a major field to use metadata grabber as you recommend.
- Thumbnail in the list view in edit mode. Pleaaaase, add thumbnail (sizable) in the list view. The icon view is great but doesn't show any information and is impossible to sort. The list view is super easy to sort and see informations but i have no visual help of what's is inside each clip (and i mean each clip, not just the one selected). The list view with thumbnails (which exist in Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro 7) is really the only view mode i use all the time. Not having that could pretty much make me stay with Premiere.
- Resizable keyframe editor in edit mode. It's a very small for precise editing. Please make it resizable without size limits. Same goes for audio tracks.
- Cropping : Please add feather settings for each 4 crops
- Audio FX : Add a way to modify the order in which the effects are applied. The order of the effects can really change the results
MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB Unified Memory. Internal SSD 1TB.

Return to DaVinci Resolve