"delete" bug?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael Jasen

"delete" bug?

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi there,

Been using R12 b1 for a bit and having a really weird issue where my ability to delete anything just disappears. Using the delete key or even going to the file menu doesn't work. In fact, the option is completely greyed out in the file menu. This seems to happen at random. If I restart the application the functionality returns. I've installed b2 last night and so far so good, but haven't used it long enough to know for sure.

2012 Macbook Yosemite 10.10.3

John Paines

Re: "delete" bug?

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Yes, there does appear to be a bug, in both b1 and b2 -- sometimes clicking on a time-line clip and hitting delete won't do anything. Changing up -- hitting backspace instead, undoing that ripple delete and trying "delete" again, or right-clicking and trying it with a menu option -- usually works.

Seems to occur randomly, but fairly often.

Marc Wielage

Re: "delete" bug?

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 7:36 am

Yep, had that happen here, too. Pounded the Delete key until my fist almost went through the console. Flipping back and forth from Edit to Color and back eventually restored the Delete function. I think I was also able to Cut the material out with menu. In fact, Delete with the pull-down menu also worked around the problem.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve