sharing a project between different computers

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DaveYoder

sharing a project between different computers

PostSat Aug 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Hello,

I did try to research this issue and couldn't find anything useful. I certify that I gave it a decent try.

Just bought the full Resolve because it's clearly the best colour correction tool out there, and because I'm hoping to do all my editing in it as well (yes I'm another noob from the stills world, though not a noob over there, I have the cover of NG this month with Pope Francis). I've got a Mac Pro and a new Macbook Pro, with an external Lacie rugged bus-powered Raid that is fast enough to allow me to edit between the two at nice speeds.

I'd love to be able to freely switch between the two computers on the same project but can't figure out how to do that. Surely, surely, there must be an easy way.

Any constructive responses greatly appreciated.

dave

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: sharing a project between different computers

PostTue Aug 18, 2015 1:57 am

The simplest way is to do a Project Export from one system, which will create a .drp file, and then do a Project Import of that .drp file on the other system.

If the media path is different between the 2 systems, you will need to fix the Media Pool paths when moving the project. Either with Change Source Folder in Resolve 11, or the new Relink Selected Clips option in Resolve 12.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve