Opening R11 PC project on R12 MAC

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Glenn Payne

Opening R11 PC project on R12 MAC

PostSat Sep 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Long story short... My new shiny powerful pc has died on me (after 3 months). I'm 99% done with a project so I'm trying to open my R11 PC project on my older macbook pro (around 2008ish) using R12.

It took a little work but I finally got 10.10.5 OS X and the most recent CUDA driver on my macbook pro and was able to download R12 and got it to open. The problem I'm having now is that I can't get my R11 PC project to open (it and all it's media are on an external that can be read by either pc or mac).

I can click "import project" and I can go through folders and get to the actual project, but I can't seem to get it to just open. It just skips passed the project folder and goes to more subfolders like thumbnails, batch renders, sessions, etc.

Am I a complete idiot? What is it that I'm missing. In R11 I could add a directory from the very first Resolve page that popped up (where you selected which project to open) tho I'm not seeing that on this version of Resolve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve