incorrect media linked when importing XML from FCP X

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

terrabite

incorrect media linked when importing XML from FCP X

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello,
when importing an XML from FCP X the referenced media in Resolve is actually the camera's original media (folder: Events/Name/Original Media) whereas the project in FCP X _always_ uses the transcoded media (folder: Events/Name/Transcoded Media/High Quality Media). This is quite troublesome as the transcoded media is Apple ProRes 422 whereas the camera's original media is compressed in my case - I'm using the Sony FS100.
I tried to 'bypass' this in that I wanted to load the XML file and then select by hand the transcoded media but Resolve can't import an XML file without media.
Please does anybody know of a workaround? I'd be _extremely_ glad to know.
Best regards
Jurgen

terrabite

Re: incorrect media linked when importing XML from FCP X

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 3:40 pm

I found the answer myself - here it is for others who stumbled over the same issue.

After pointing to the fcpxml file in the import pop-up dialog one should checkmark the line that I highlight in cyan in the attachment. After doing so, Resolve invites the user to specify the folder to search for the media. As the original and transcoded media have identical file names this is a one-click operation.

Thanks for reading :-)

Jurgen
Attachments
import fcpxml.jpg
import fcpxml.jpg (172.54 KiB) Viewed 1559 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve