XML options in deliver page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

robmbrown

XML options in deliver page

PostSat Nov 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello, I was doing a bunch of stuff yesterday which involved rendering and creating XMLs for FCP. Can this be improved I really found it tedious.

First Round Trip to FCP did not generate an XML. The only mode that generates an XML is send to FCP.

Second you have no control on what type of XML. It outputs the same as what came in but sometimes you need to change that. For instance I had to use Premiere to repair some media and so one XML was a .XML but the others .FCPXML. And so it outputted one as XML while the others were FCPXML and I found no place where I could change that.

Also the Send to FCP preset defaults to having unique file names turned off. This means if different parts of the same clip are used Resolve will just write right over the clip it just made. So I tried to use the default, preset, modify it and make my own but then it wouldn't write an XML.

So I had to hit add to render queue, load the preset, turn on unique filenames, and manually set the sub folder name since there is no "sub folder name from sequence name" or something like that. And if I missed a single step I would have to start all over again. Kind of a pain for 6 sequences plus I had to do a bunch of experimenting just to what would work and what wouldn't which took time.

The solution would be to have XML settings in the deliver page and that will stick with your preset. Also it doesn't make sense that round trip to FCP doesn't write an XML.

Return to DaVinci Resolve