Editing & Re-ordering Clips (Davinci Resolve 12)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

James Davies

Editing & Re-ordering Clips (Davinci Resolve 12)

PostSun Dec 06, 2015 10:27 am

Let's say I have a bunch of clips on the time line and I want to sync these to an audio track by re-positioning/relocating them.

Is there an easy way to select and drag one clip and have all the clips in front of it move forward with it?

At the moment the only way I have found to do this is to zoom right out, manually select all the clips by dragging the mouse over the remaining clips in front of the one I want to move and then dragging the selection forward to create a gap between the selected clip and the rest.

I've watched a number of video tutorials and skimmed through the pdf manual without much joy. Am I missing something really obvious ?

Jugurtha Ouar

Re: Editing & Re-ordering Clips (Davinci Resolve 12)

PostWed Nov 09, 2016 6:17 pm

OK me too I'm looking for the Select all Forward (the T T big arrow from FCP7)
and also the move 1 or 10 frames forward backward

I will edit if I find them but I'm if you didn't find any answer there is none. :s

Those are very important "tools" for finishing

There is ALWAYS some last minute modification (and that would be super useful for editing)

EDIT : I found them looking in the Keyboard mapping options

CTRL + Y select all shots from the track in front on the playhead. There is a backward option too so check the Keyboard mapping

Return to DaVinci Resolve