Restoring "Video" from Video Clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
Blaine Russom

Restoring "Video" from Video Clip

PostThu Dec 24, 2015 11:08 am

Once you have selected only the video portion of a clip and deleted it. How can you get it back? Because at the original time, audio was only important, however, I would like the video back.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

Re: Restoring "Video" from Video Clip

PostFri Dec 25, 2015 5:58 am

is it in the media pool or or is gone?

of you link it again it should reappear
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Blaine Russom

PostFri Dec 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi walter, thanks for your help.. Actually, it is in the timeline and I removed the video portion of the clip. Since it's a long clip, I don't want to go back and locate the precise time if I dont have to. Here is a screenshot of what I am looking at.

Dmitry Kitsov BMD

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Dec 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Hello, Blaine, you might find match frame command to be useful (F) to locate the precise frames. You will have to reedit it in, but the match frame command will allow you to do so much faster.
If you want to match the extents of the clip (In and Out points)—double click on the clip in the timeline, while holding Option on Mac or Alt on Windows.
This will open the source clip from the media pool in the source window, with the in and out points already defined to match the edit.
Blackmagic Design Sr.Technical Support Engineer

Blaine Russom

PostSat Dec 26, 2015 2:31 am

Dmitry Kitsov BMD wrote:If you want to match the extents of the clip (In and Out points)—double click on the clip in the timeline, while holding Option on Mac or Alt on Windows.
This will open the source clip from the media pool in the source window, with the in and out points already defined to match the edit.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! This also works with multicam clips too which is great. It doesn't work perfectly (with multicam) but I was able to make it work for me. :)

Return to DaVinci Resolve