DaVinci Resolve requirements...

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

neavissa

DaVinci Resolve requirements...

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 am

Hi there,

This is my first post, so be nice! :mrgreen:
I looked at the system requirements on page 5 of the Resolve_Win_Config_Guide and also googled it, but I am not sure I really get, what it says!? When they say in the manual, that you "need" 12Gb RAM, does that mean the program wouldn't even load, if I only have 4Gb?! From what I can tell, thats the case?! I have a Lenovo with an AMD processor and 4Gb RAM. (http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/tech- ... ries/g585/)...

In case this question has been asked before, my apologies. I just found the guide to be a bit confusing and unclear. Not sure if their "must" really means 'must', or do they want to avoid people getting mad because the software is not running smooth, when using less than they recommend?!

thanks,

Georgios

Xtreemtec

Re: DaVinci Resolve requirements...

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 8:46 pm

I think it will not going to work on your laptop. Because your laptop has a ATI video card. While Resolve need Nvidea as far as i know.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

neavissa

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:I think it will not going to work on your laptop. Because your laptop has a ATI video card. While Resolve need Nvidea as far as i know.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response! You are correct, I realized that last night. I installed DaVinci Resolve with no problems, but as I started it, it tells me that my CUDA drivers are not up to date, or something like that!? Thats when I realized that I have to have a Nvidea card. I am gonna call some rep of theirs and see what they say. I understand that they like to use "certified" computers, but I am not gonna drop 10k on a PC. I am an Radio Controlled enthusiast that wants to take some aerial shots...

thanks,

G

jina ray

PostTue Nov 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:I think it will not going to work on your laptop. Because your laptop has a ATI video card. While Resolve need Nvidea as far as i know.

i don't have laptop, just i'm using pc and it made the same problem lately , is there a suitable solution for that too?
Last edited by jina ray on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jina

adamroberts

PostTue Nov 26, 2013 1:06 pm

jina ray wrote:

i don't have laptop, just i'm using pc and it made the same problem lately , is there a suitable solution for that too?

Not sure I understand your question... What problem are you looking for a solution to?

Return to DaVinci Resolve