Edit DNG raw footage

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sayemsayem

Edit DNG raw footage

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi ,I would like to make an edit suit with widows , to edit DNG raw footage .please suggest me what softwere & system will be better

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

Re: Edit DNG raw footage

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello,

If this is DNG footage is from a Blackmagic Cinema Camera, this should include a full copy of DaVinci Resolve. If you do not have the full version of Resolve, you can download and use Resolve Lite.

You should be able to import these DNG files directly into Resolve for color grading and then exporting out in your desired codec for editing in your NLE.

We have a Resolve configuration guide available on our support page, should you be looking at certified and supported hardware.
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

Sayemsayem

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Thank you very much.for information:) also could u knowledge us BMCC camera when ll be avilable in Asia

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Hello,

Happy to help.

As far as Cinema Camera availability in the Asia region, this currently applies to all regions of the world. We're are shipping (including Asia, of course) but actively trying to fill those pre-orders first.

As soon as we fill these pre-orders, the Cinema Camera will be more widely available.

Unfortunately, I do not have a more exact time frame.
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

Que Thompson

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 10:37 pm

I've used some test footage provided by John Brawley and I was able to edit in Adobe AE with minimal amount of pain.

Sayemsayem

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks Mr Albert & Mr jack

Return to DaVinci Resolve