12.2 Hanging System and the Vanishing stills.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Taylor Black

12.2 Hanging System and the Vanishing stills.

PostMon Jan 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello.

Bit of a weird one and I can't find any answers while searching (weak googlefu) hopefully someone else has experienced this.

NMP Resolve running 12.2. After 30-45 minutes of grading, grabbing stills and jumping around, the viewer will lock on a frame. I can change shots, make adjustments and the gui reacts but the image is frozen. Hitting play does nothing and gives a playback speed of .5 fps. At this point the system is now done. Attempting to grab a still while in this state gives the attached error. Closing resolve closes the actual window and activity monitor says it is no longer running but its still active in the dock and you have to force quit to get it to stop. All other programs in the system hang (preview, textpad, even the search bar). You cant even restart the system as the only thing is a hard power down.

When the system comes back up, all stills that had been captured through out the day are now black. Attempting to click on one of these now black stills crashes resolve to desktop with no error. I can grab new stills and proceed until it crashes again. The scratch disk/path is fine as well. I am able to recreate the freezing and crashing at will and did so with our system builders who simply stated that this was out of their pay grade. Looking at the crash logs its not even registered as a crash. I have had a little contact with BM over these issues with not much progress. System builder company also forwarded a video of the crash/stills issue as well as logs, but have yet to hear anything. Starts to get frustrating to myself and clients when every 30 mins I have to stop and reboot.

We have 3 machines all the same. The playback issue is only happening on one while the black stills/crash issue is happening on all 3. This has been going on since the launch of 12. With projects carried over from 11 and most being created with 12.

I have created a new database for testing purposes and after a crash, the new database is wiped from resolve and I have to remount it.

Any insight is much appreciated.
Thank you
Attachments
Screen Shot 2.png
Screen Shot 2.png (588.28 KiB) Viewed 561 times
Screen Shot .png
Screen Shot .png (374.21 KiB) Viewed 561 times

Andreas Söderberg

Re: 12.2 Hanging System and the Vanishing stills.

PostThu Jan 28, 2016 9:04 am

I have the same problem. But get to keep my stills.
I thought this was a problem with my ultrastudio express but it still happens when i disconnected it.
Main Davinci Resolve workstation
Intel Core i9-9820X 3.3 GHz 16,5MB
64GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16
2 X GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Windows 10 Pro

Return to DaVinci Resolve