levels export weird issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Wouter Van Der Schueren

levels export weird issue

PostThu Feb 04, 2016 6:31 pm

when I export footage from Resolve in a project that was created in Resolve 11 (currently I'm using 12) when I play that footage in the windows 10 player or vlc the blacks are NOT crushed. When I import that same export back in Resolve the blacks are normal as well.

When I create a new project in Resolve 12 and then export with the same settings and play it back in the windows player or vlc now the blacks are crushed. When I import the same export back in Resolve the blacks are normal again.

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Paul Beauchamp

Re: levels export weird issue

PostThu Feb 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Are you exporting as Data Levels or Video Levels in each instance?

Wouter Van Der Schueren

PostThu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 pm

auto or video when exported from the resolve 11 project looks normal in a media player and normal in resolve.

auto or video when exported from the resolve 12 new project(s) looks shifted in a media player and normal in resolve

data from both resolve 11 and 12 looks shifted in media player and also when imported back in resolve.

if I remember correctly, but I think I do.

I think the exports are correct because when I import them in resolve they look fine. But I think the resolve 12 project is not able to communicate with certain media player apps so I think the media player is interpreting it wrong.. but that's just a guess I have no clue whatsoever about all this stuff :(

Wouter Van Der Schueren

PostThu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 pm

and when I open it in QT player on my macbook it looks normal, and in VLC on mac it looks crushed again.

aaargh! :p

Everything seems to be going sideways! Think I'm losing my mind hahaha :D

Return to DaVinci Resolve