Resolve 12 on OSX 10.11.3 - Playback hotkeys

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael Walker

Resolve 12 on OSX 10.11.3 - Playback hotkeys

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 6:07 pm

Playback hotkeys are not working "as expected" - when I have a timeline with numerous clips in it, the up and down cursor keys do not jump reliably from clip to clip. They move from the first to second to last clip, rather than first to second to third... (for example) and it seems they are now quite arbitrary in deciding "what is a clip".

This is 12.0 I'm in now, and it was working fine in the previous version, so just wondering if this been tweaked/fixed in the latest 12.3 ?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve 12 on OSX 10.11.3 - Playback hotkeys

PostFri Feb 12, 2016 1:38 am

This sounds like you have a timeline filter on in the color page or some tracks disabled on the edit page.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Michael Walker

Re: Resolve 12 on OSX 10.11.3 - Playback hotkeys

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 12:49 am

hmm.... no tracks are disabled. No filtering in the timeline - "clips" is set to "All Clips".

The funny thing, if I turn on the "timeline" display in the color window, then the transport hotkeys all work as advertised. But ONLY in the timeline displayed in the color window!

If I switch back to the "Edit" (Timeline edit) window, then stepping the up and down cursor keys are once again cycling through start, clip one, and end ( ignoring the 86 clips/edits in between...)

Puzzling...

Return to DaVinci Resolve