Smooth scrolling end credits

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ed Nixon

Smooth scrolling end credits

PostSat Feb 20, 2016 2:19 pm

The scrolling titles widget seems to be a pretty straightforward way to do end credits. However, it is scrolling too rapidly; I'd like to slow things down so the credits can be read more easily.

I've tried to change the speed and, indeed, the scroll rate decreases but, as you veterans will already know, there is a juddering effect which I gather is inside my head rather than out there there in reality.

I've done some googling and, as a newbee, find that this is a very complex and widespread problem with numerous opinions about solutions. I've tried a couple with no success.

I haven't been able to find anything here that is Resolve specific so I'm asking for suggestions, links or pointers to help me sort this out.

Thanks for your help. ...edN

Tom Early

Re: Smooth scrolling end credits

PostSat Feb 20, 2016 6:08 pm

You changed the speed? Why not just make the clip longer?
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Ed Nixon

PostSat Feb 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Yes!

A few moments with the manual and the answer is... speed is inversely proportional to clip length. Works a treat.

Sorry for the noise and thanks.

...edN

Marc Wielage

PostSun Feb 21, 2016 5:38 am

The best affordable end credits I've ever seen are those from EndCrawl.com. Those guys do great work.

There is a lot of science and math associated with how and why credit crawls work (or don't work). It's related to size, speed, typeface, resolution, and contrast, so it's a bit of a moving target in terms of finding the best combination that will work.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve