How to match an Fs7 with a C300 using color match

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MichaelTapp

How to match an Fs7 with a C300 using color match

PostTue Apr 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Hey Everybody,

I have a tough challenge ahead of me. I am trying to match an Fs7 in s-log to a baked in c300 picture profile. We’re trying to switch cameras on a project that’s been shot on C300s with a baked in profile. My strategy is to create a LUT in Resolve and import that LUT into the FS7. I’ve shot charts on the FS7 and the C300. Do you know of a simple way in Resolve to use the color match tool to match the look of the c300 and create a lut for the Fs7?

Dermot Shane

Re: How to match an Fs7 with a C300 using color match

PostWed Apr 13, 2016 12:49 am

i have had to do this, and with an identiclal chart, shot with both camera's side by side, once under tungsten and once under daylight...

then twidddled my knobs and slid my balls untill they matched (sorta anway) then made a LUT for offline editors to use

and used the offset grade as a starting point in the final - this was before ACES1.0, RCM, Truelight color spaces... i would take a careful look at what IDT's are on offer in 2016 if i had to take this on now

Return to DaVinci Resolve