Transform Value spinners very touchy w/ mouse

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rob Wentz

Transform Value spinners very touchy w/ mouse

PostFri Apr 15, 2016 6:18 pm

I'm doing some post stabilization clip positioning compensation to keep the image in frame by keyframing the x and y position & rotation values under the clip's transform tab on the edit page.

Finding it terribly difficult as the value seems to accelerate rapidly out of view even while moving the mouse especially slowly when approaching the value I desire.

Since I haven't followed this workflow much within resolve and never needed to repeatedly use the position spinners I can't say I've ever run into this before but it is incredibly difficult to prevent and really not making this job easy on my wrist! is this a common issue? Are there any combo keys that can toggle between course and fine adjustment? Common assignments from other apps for this same control shift/alt/ctrl+mouse drag seem to have no impact.

This is on Resolve Studio 12.3.2 in linux.
EDIT: Just tested same version on the mac - issue isn't nearly quite as bad but feels like there might be a derivative issue there that's FAR worse in linux, making the spinners dare I say unusable for this intended purpose in linux.

Thank you!
Last edited by Rob Wentz on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

Re: Transform Value spinners very touchy w/ mouse

PostFri Apr 15, 2016 6:32 pm

i got that as well, you scroll and suddenly you have +345678 povero from the origin. .. annoying at best.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Marc Wielage

Re: Transform Value spinners very touchy w/ mouse

PostSat Apr 16, 2016 3:16 am

Rob Wentz wrote:Finding it terribly difficult as the value seems to accelerate rapidly out of view even while moving the mouse especially slowly when approaching the value I desire.

I find you're sometimes better off clicking in the field and typing in a number to get you to the starting point. I agree, these settings are far too twitchy.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve