My feedback. Stills. Color match. Sizing. White balance. ACR

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rolfe Klement

My feedback. Stills. Color match. Sizing. White balance. ACR

PostSun Apr 24, 2016 7:15 am

First. I love resolve. Incredible. Thanks.

12.5 issues so far. When I import a v12 project that had lots of resizing across multiple clips - the resizing seems to have gone. So I had to redo it. I saved the file (and over wrote the old) so i knew this happened based on renders from old v12.
The color match doesn't seem to work. I go into it but no selection comes up in viewfinder.
Stills. I import a png or jpg still and I can't seem to extend the duration in the edit timeline. In the end I had to go into fcpx and make a movie.

Ideas
Again not sure if these exist or I haven't read the manual but...
It would be great to have a white balance dropper. Select an area in a frame (any size) and say that is white then scene auto balances. I think I remember seeing this on the Linux version at MPC but would be cool for Mac.
Being able to select all clips in grade window based on specific camera (or other meta tag) format. I did a project with a mix of cameras with way too much footage. Final edit had loads of cuts. It would be awesome to easily select all the Alexa footage and apply base grade 1. Then select all the Amira footage and apply base grade 2. Etc. In fact maybe you extend this so that I could apply a specific node (sizing, noise , color etx) to all selected clips based on any meta data filter.
Help guide. I don't think this has an index which makes things harder. I noticed this when searching for extend still image clip duration.
ACR. I occasionally go back to Adobe Camera Raw to import dng clip sequences. And there is something magical about it. It just looks better. Out for the box. Now that might be with the way Adobe moves reds into the yellows but it seems to take forever to get same look in resolve.

That's all for now. But amazing software and thank you!!

Rolfe
Intel i7 7820HK 2.9GHz RAM 32GB Windows 10 Home V1803 64Bit
2 x 2 TB NVME Samsung Pro
GTX 1080
www.creativesunshine.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve