Audio is there but not there??

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jules Bushell

Audio is there but not there??

PostThu Apr 28, 2016 11:15 am

Hi,

I load a project, probably done in Resolve 11 into Resolve 12.5 Beta. I have a timeline with BMCC DNGs with audio embedded (recorded in camera).

On the timeline in Edit, I see all clips have waveforms below on Audio 1 and Audio 2. I press play and hear nothing. In fact if I go to Deliver and export, I get no audio exported.

I double click on any clip on the timeline, press play on the clip, I hear no audio

I select any clip on the timeline, find in media pool, press play on found clip, I hear audio.

This time, I unlink any clip, right click on audio waveform (beneath a clip) in e.,g. Audio 1 and find in media pool, press play on the found clip, I hear audio.

Why is it I cannot hear audio from the timeline?

Thanks for any help,
Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Jules Bushell

Re: Audio is there but not there??

PostThu Apr 28, 2016 6:46 pm

I think I know what it could be...

The timeline in Resolve 12.5 that has audio tracks with waveforms and yet playbacks or exports with no audio was imported from an FCP XML from Premiere CC. Because I edit in Premiere and then do a round-trip back to Resolve. So video playbacks okay but audio doesn't for some reason.

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Return to DaVinci Resolve