AAF exporting problems

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Yassel Quijano

AAF exporting problems

PostSun May 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello everyone. I recently colored a 43 minutes long video edit that was brought in to Davinci from Avid using AAF. After I finished color correcting it, and based on the roundtrip procedures, I selected the whole sequence, selected to export individual source clips using MXF-OP-Atom, DNxHD 1080p 220/185/175 10-bits using source clips names.

The issue is, once everything was exported to the appropriate location, and Avid was reopened, creating a new database file for that set of clips, when I relinked the sequence to the new imported clips, there were random takes per scene that didn't have the color correction. I checked the folder where the clips were and there were missing clips, meaning, Davinci didn't get to export all the corrected clips.

I re-exported the sequence again from Davinci and the amount of clips exported increased (to a new folder by the way), some new clips came with the CC applied but still, a great amount of clips weren't exported.

Any idea why this is happening? Is it a common issue?

Thank you in advance for any future answer.
Editor, because freaking miracle worker isn't an official title.

dariobigi

Re: AAF exporting problems

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 5:27 pm

It may depend on your version of DR. It may be overwriting the CCed clip coming from same source media. I've noticed that v12.5 creates an _S000, _S001 after redundant clip names to eliminate that issue
Dario Bigi, Colorist
http://dariobigi.com
New York
C: 1-646-436-4600

HPz840 - 2x 14 Core 2.6GHz - 64GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
2x RTX 2080Ti (SD 472.84)
Resolve Studio 17.4.6
Decklink 4K Extreme (12.2.2)
FSI CM250
Panasonic FZ1000
Mini Panel

JoeProcopio

PostMon Aug 29, 2016 11:47 am

After you expert the individual clips out of DaVinci, export a "New AAF" from the colored sequence in DaVinci from the edit page and import that back into AVID. Solves that issue of non corrected clips.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk.

JoeProcopio

PostMon Aug 29, 2016 11:47 am

dariobigi wrote:It may depend on your version of DR. It may be overwriting the CCed clip coming from same source media. I've noticed that v12.5 creates an _S000, _S001 after redundant clip names to eliminate that issue

Hey Dario lol

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk.

Return to DaVinci Resolve