Davinci Resolve 12 won't make it past splash page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

billyjackson

Davinci Resolve 12 won't make it past splash page

PostFri May 27, 2016 8:56 am

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone else had this problem/knew how to solve it.

Running Davinci Resolve on an older Hackintosh, Mac OSX Yosemite
Have never had any problems up through Resolve 11.

Since 12, however, I have been unable to upgrade, to either the Beta, the full version, or the 12.5 Beta.

It installs fine, opens okay, runs through the splash page and then never builds the GUI.

I have tried to attach the logs,
Library.zip
I believe the necessary debugging information isi
(507.23 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Thank you!

Barry Weckesser

Re: Davinci Resolve 12 won't make it past splash page

PostFri May 27, 2016 6:22 pm

billyjackson wrote:Hey,

Was wondering if anyone else had this problem/knew how to solve it.

Running Davinci Resolve on an older Hackintosh, Mac OSX Yosemite
Have never had any problems up through Resolve 11.

Since 12, however, I have been unable to upgrade, to either the Beta, the full version, or the 12.5 Beta.

It installs fine, opens okay, runs through the splash page and then never builds the GUI.

I have tried to attach the logs,
Library.zip

Thank you!

Similar problem but only upgrading to 12.5 Beta's from 12.3.2 (which works fine). Look at my thread about DR12.5 not working on Dell Laptops - same symptoms - the DR12.5 splash pages come (loading this and that) then the login screen then the Home page with projects - once a project gets loaded instead of the DR GUI showing the Media Page nothing happens - just the DR icon sitting on the taskbar - is that the same behavior as yours?
VIDEOWORKSTATION:DellT7910,DualXeon10core,128GBRAM,2NVIDIATitanX12GB.
DecklinkExtreme4K.
MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision7710,XeonE3-1535,64GB RAM2133;1TB-PCIeNVMe system drive,NVidiaM5000M-8GB,UHD Display;2-1TB PCIeNVMe drives-RAID0

billyjackson

PostFri May 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Barry Weckesser wrote:
billyjackson wrote: Snip

Similar problem but only upgrading to 12.5 Beta's from 12.3.2 (which works fine). Look at my thread about DR12.5 not working on Dell Laptops - same symptoms - the DR12.5 splash pages come (loading this and that) then the login screen then the Home page with projects - once a project gets loaded instead of the DR GUI showing the Media Page nothing happens - just the DR icon sitting on the taskbar - is that the same behavior as yours?

It's similar, but I don't even make it to the login screen.

Splash page, loads this and that -> "Ready" -> DR icon just sits on the taskbar and does nothing.

Barry Weckesser

PostFri May 27, 2016 9:54 pm

billyjackson wrote:
Barry Weckesser wrote:
billyjackson wrote: Snip

It's similar, but I don't even make it to the login screen.

Splash page, loads this and that -> "Ready" -> DR icon just sits on the taskbar and does nothing.

Sounds like we have a variant of the same problem - I posted it online when DR12.5 Beta first came out (? 6 weeks ago) and DR R & D contacted me through a private message and asked for a log capture which I sent. So far they haven't come up with a solution and asked me to send another log capture with the latest NVIDIA drivers - making sure that CUDA 7.5 was enabled (it is) Right now I am dubious about a positive outcome here.
VIDEOWORKSTATION:DellT7910,DualXeon10core,128GBRAM,2NVIDIATitanX12GB.
DecklinkExtreme4K.
MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision7710,XeonE3-1535,64GB RAM2133;1TB-PCIeNVMe system drive,NVidiaM5000M-8GB,UHD Display;2-1TB PCIeNVMe drives-RAID0

Return to DaVinci Resolve