Resolution Issue On Preview/Playback

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rick Tillery

Resolution Issue On Preview/Playback

PostSun Jun 12, 2016 6:46 pm

I'm seeing a strange issue when previewing playback of my 1920x1080p timeline. It shows up when doing fullscreen playback in the color tab on a 1920x1080p monitor. The issue is that the vertical resolution appears to be cut in half. But oddly enough, it's not half all the way through the image. Parts of it appear fine!

I can guarantee that the source is fine, since its actually UHD 29.97 progressive. I've attached a screengrab of the problem and the same original frame from the source.

Note the half vertical (replication) on the nearly horizontal edges of the second girl from the left's yellow shirt. Then note the second girl from the right, also in yellow, has issues at the neckline, but not at the bottom of the shirt. Again, reference the UHD source frame to see that this is not from the original.

Rick

Janne Lepola

Re: Resolution Issue On Preview/Playback

PostMon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm

I seem to have exactly same issue on Resolve 14. Haven't found solution yet. Shift + F seems to work with right resolution. I have already turned bilinear scaling for image scaling, but this doesn't seem to have any effect for fullscreen preview.

Any ideas?

Return to DaVinci Resolve