Focus issues -- again

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Paines

Focus issues -- again

PostWed Jun 15, 2016 6:19 pm

- if current focus is in the Media Pool, no keyboard shortcut will shift it. Getting out apparently requires a mouse click in another window.

- adding clips to the timeline from either the source window or the Media Pool will enable play in the timeline, but focus has NOT shifted to it -- try to navigate the timeline and you'll be navigating in the Media Pool.

- "switch to timeline after edit" doesn't appear to work, when editing into the timeline from the source window. After each edit, a play command will play the source clip, not the timeline. Meanwhile, cursor focus remains in the Media Pool(!)

Can't speak for anyone else, but this behavior is constantly at odds with expectation and muscle memory.

rajaukanth

Re: Focus issues -- again

PostMon Feb 15, 2021 7:35 pm

- adding clips to the timeline from either the source window or the Media Pool will enable play in the timeline, but focus has NOT shifted to it -- try to navigate the timeline and you'll be navigating in the Media Pool.

I have this same issue in DR 17b9, but with shortcuts. When I use 'Q' to navigate between media pool and timeline and 'F12' to place a clip on top and navigate to timeline using 'Q' again, the playhead moves when I use the arrow key, but 'CTRL+Up', 'CTRL+Down', 'CTRL+Left' and 'CTRL+Right' does not work unless I click or do a horizontal scroll or any activity in the timeline with the mouse.

Not sure if this is an isolated incident, have switched between various beta's.
RJ

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 17, 2021 6:14 am

On my iMac, beta 9, i can double click to select a clip in the media pool and place in the source viewer, marker in and out, F9 to insert to the timeline and the focus changes to the timeline based on the 'Switch to timeline after edit' option.

If you have your focus indicator on, preferences, users, ui settings, the focus state matches the indicator.

Can you check again and report more details to repo.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

rajaukanth

PostWed Feb 17, 2021 9:40 am

Peter -- I have both the options enabled, but no luck. However, I have figured out that "CTRL+4", active panel selection -> timeline would enable me to focus on the timeline. I have setup my macro pad to do this for me after I insert a clip using F9.

Thanks!
RJ

Return to DaVinci Resolve