Problems animating text in 12.5

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

David Clarke

Problems animating text in 12.5

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 3:07 pm

I have recently started using Resolve to edit a project to see how the editing had improved in 12.5.

I made a title which moves in from the left, sits on screen for a bit then moves off to the left again using Resolve's title tool. When the title gets to the section where it should be static it wobbles slightly.

Is this normal?

I opened up the graph section of the timeline but could not change the type of keyframe - to a hold interpolation, for example. They were there but clicking on them achieves nothing.

I did find a workaround which was to delete the keyframes in the title's inspector, and instead change it to a compound clip and animate the compound clip. The other option was to cut the title in two because when there were no keyframes after the section where it was meant to pause, it remained static.

Making a compound clip let me add effects to the title (such as blurs) but it was pain to change the words, where as cutting it in two made it easy to change the words, but I could not add effects.

Return to DaVinci Resolve