Importing AVCHD files in Davinci Resolve 12.5 ?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sharif Al-Hamidi

Importing AVCHD files in Davinci Resolve 12.5 ?

PostSat Jul 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Dear all,
    I have downloaded the free version of DaVinci Resolve 12.5 for the frist time, and I am trying to learn how to use it . But I have some questions:
    1- I imported AVCHD files ( MTS files ) from Panasonic AG-AC160 but I did not see the audio clips or there are no audio clips in the timeline, only video clips are available in timeline without audio clips Why????? ?

2- Other video not ( mts files ) appeared both audio and video clips ? but How could we see both audio clips
    I mean sometimes I record audio of surrounding using the internal microphone and also using wireless sennhiser on the other channel and I need to see both for edit in DaVinci Resolve 12.5 so how could I see both stereo audio channels in timeline ?

Uli Plank

Re: Importing AVCHD files in Davinci Resolve 12.5 ?

PostSat Jul 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Resolve doesn't like .MTs files, re-wrap them to .mp4 or (even better) transcode to ProRes or DNxHD. On PC Convert 3 is a good tool, as is EditReady on the Mac.
    No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
    MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
    Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Carles Castillo

PostSat Jul 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi, I work with sony AVCHD files in resolve 12,5 (proxy files).I think the problem is the INTERFRAME frames. Is more better to work with INTRAFRAME.

CarlesCastillo.com
    Windows 7 professional - 64 bits - Service Pack 1
    Intel Xeon CPU E5-2609 V3 @1.90GHz 1.90GHz
    NVIDIA Quadro K4200
    RAM 40GB

Sharif Al-Hamidi

PostSat Jul 02, 2016 10:03 pm

thanks to all,
    But I think converting too many mts files is too hard and takes too much time
    Is there another way to do that , I mean with the DaVinci 12.5 settings

Sharif Al-Hamidi

PostSun Jul 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Dear all,
    hope all are fine
    Thanks for your answers , but
    1- Is there another way than transcoding or converting clips. Because may I have many video clips and converting them will take too much time before edit ?

2- No one told me how to show both audio channels as stereo in the time line so it would be easy for me to control and edit them separately ,

Return to DaVinci Resolve