Double speed playback problem

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Marck Voyer

Double speed playback problem

PostFri Aug 12, 2016 2:16 pm

We are experiencing a weird problem when playing back the timeline at double speed (hit «L» 2 times on the keyboard). On some machines, the playback would be ok (double speed but still audible) on others, it would sound like chipmunks talking... Weird thing is that both computers are the same model (iMac 5k retina / 32gb ram / 4gb video)... Is there some options that should be checked to fix this?

Thanks!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Double speed playback problem

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 1:12 am

If you had a BMD I/O device connected with Resolve configured to use it, and you remove that BMD I/O device, this can happen.

Solution is to go into Resolve Preferences and just click the Save button. You don't need to select or change anything at all. Just click the Save button. Then exit Preferences and restart Resolve. That should fix the playback speed issue.

If you then reconnect a BMD I/O device, you will need to go back into Resolve Preferences, select that device in Video I/O and GPU, click Save, exit Preferences and restart Resolve.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Marck Voyer

Re: Double speed playback problem

PostMon Sep 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks Dwaine. When I get someone who tells me about the problem, I'll get them to try that!

We usually move a lot the projects from one edit room to the other... I guess if we move the project from one edit room that has a BM I/O device to one that doesn't, the problem could occur?

Thanks again!

Marck

Return to DaVinci Resolve