Resolve does not have Write Permission for selected path..

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

levisdavis

Resolve does not have Write Permission for selected path..

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 12:24 am

Occurs upon startup with Windows 10 Pro.

If I run Resolve as an Administrator, the issue goes away. However, this requires an extra step with every startup.

Is there a way to bypass this? For example, I've changed the read/write permission with the selected drive path to allow access.

Thanks.
Attachments
Resolve Write Permissions.JPG
Resolve Write Permissions.JPG (27.59 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
Levi Davis
Professional Imagery. Simple.
azcamera.biz

Mike McCune

Re: Resolve does not have Write Permission for selected path

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 6:51 pm

Regarding the "Run as Administrator" extra step required for every startup, note that there is a helpful option in the properties window for applications, Resolve included, via the Security or Compatibility tab. In this tab is the option to set a persistent "Run as Administrator."

Also in this tab is the option to have the app, Resolve, run in a specific compatibility mode, such as might be required for Windows 7 or 8.

Also, check the drive and its properties' Security tab; you may find that not all Administrators or users are given full access. Easy to edit this.

Best, Mike

levisdavis

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 4:37 am

Thanks Mike... I've got 1st of the 3 in place... I'll keep going and provide an update.

Levi
Levi Davis
azcamera.biz

levisdavis

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 5:02 am

1. Run as Administrator - Works, but I've disabled the "App is making changes warning" in the system preferences.

2. Compatibility mode really slows down the computer. Still doesn't allow permissions.

3. Actually already accounted for number 3... And can confirm that it still doesn't enable DaVinci to open without the "Does not have permission to write..."

This may be related to the fact that I cloned an HDD to an SDD? Quite frankly, number 3 alone should have solved the issue. Hmm?

Thanks.
Levi Davis
azcamera.biz

Mike McCune

PostSun Aug 28, 2016 10:18 pm

Which operating system are you running? And Home or Pro version?

While one can not enumerate benefits with precision--too many combinations of hardware and software!--generally it seems that the newer the OS and running the Pro version of the OS offer the best chances of things working.

Return to DaVinci Resolve