Dual Monitor Set Up with Three Monitors Hooked Up

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Leigh Ann Bellamy

Dual Monitor Set Up with Three Monitors Hooked Up

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi,

My graphics card is only capable of a dual monitor set up in Davinci Resolve (to the best of my knowledge). I am, however, able to have three monitors running at once, and I use the third for email and finder, it just won't connect to and run Davinci on the third monitor.

Here is my dilemma, no matter what order I hook the monitors up in, the oldest and worst of the three monitors ends up defaulting as the second monitor in my dual monitor setup. I can't find controls to select which of the three monitors Davinci will run on. This is a problem in FCPX as well.

I have my main monitor connected through HDMI, my second monitor through display port to HDMI, and my third (the one that keeps auto defaulting) using VGA.

I am currently running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6, but the computer is a Hackintosh so I have no idea what graphics card I am using or anything like that.

Let me know if there is a solution to my problem. Thanks so much.

Return to DaVinci Resolve