Relinking to Original files after Archiving

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ElliotMSmith

Relinking to Original files after Archiving

PostFri Sep 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi All,

I backed up a project via archiving and transcoding and now it's active again. Originally these were mxf files shot by a Varicam, and I Transcoded them to ProRes as I backed up. Now I want to relink to the original mxf files, but I can't figure out how to make Resolve do it.

I tried changing the source folder - no go
I tried relinking all the files, I tried relinking single files - red exclamation point
I tried bringing the original media into a new bin and reconforming the timeline to that bin, no go

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

E

PS Still on Resolve 12.3.2, been waiting for a few projects to wrap before updating to 12.5
ElliotTheColorist.com

Willian Aleman

Re: Relinking to Original files after Archiving

PostFri Sep 02, 2016 11:04 pm

Please, from Project Manager, Database, select Connect. After this point to the root folder your archive is.
Willian Aleman
New York City
USA

Resolve Studio
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
MacOS: 10.15.7 (19H2)
processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

ElliotMSmith

Re: Relinking to Original files after Archiving

PostFri Sep 02, 2016 11:35 pm

I think I put this in the wrong terms. I backed up and transcoded the project using Media Manager to a different hard drive and told the project file to point to the media managed backup
ElliotTheColorist.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve