Watermark falling off when rendering out individual clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Matthew Dorris

Watermark falling off when rendering out individual clips

PostThu Sep 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Hello!

I'm in the process of working on some dailies. I have my burn in info all set up, but I'm trying to put a translucent watermark over the rest of the footage. I'm using the title effect on a separate layer in the editor window to create that, but when I go to delivery and use the individual clips option the watermark does not get rendered into the files.

I'm sure there is something obvious I'm missing--is there a way to use this effect on the clips themselves, or can I switch that layer to be an "adjustment" layer?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Using version 12.5

-Matt

Peter Cave

Re: Watermark falling off when rendering out individual clip

PostFri Sep 09, 2016 12:06 am

Don't put anything on the timeline as that only renders when doing a full movie output (single clip).
Use the burn-in function on the Color page.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Matthew Dorris

Re: Watermark falling off when rendering out individual clip

PostFri Sep 09, 2016 12:12 am

Hey Peter--

The burn ins are working just fine--but those need to be small and on the bottom.

For a watermark I'm hoping to overlay some 30% opacity text, which doesn't seem to be an option from the burn ins. Opacity only affects the box and unless I'm mistaken I can't individually control the size of the burn in text.

I tried doing a nested clip, but unfortunately that lost me all the meta data for the burn in!

Matt

Return to DaVinci Resolve