12.5.1 hang and project recovered

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dermot Shane

12.5.1 hang and project recovered

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 4:10 am

12.5.1, z820, sas array, w10pro

series 6 x 30 min episodes with roughly 4 timelines each in the project, complete timeline saved as stills, so maybe 4000 still in the project

went for lunch and the machine was hung in autosave, no access to taskmanager, total lockout, waited 5 min and still the same, power cycled the machine, after a normal startup opened Resolve, and to my surprise the project was there, i opened it

Resolve climbed to 100% and stopped there, for around 20 min the disk array was running at around 70%. -> 100%, cpu showed 5% and Resolve was using 17 gig of ram... so it was doing something, was left to guess what that might be tho...

waited some more and the project came back right where i left it WHOOO HOOOOOOOOO

i saved a DRP with stills at noon, and another DRP around 5, so i was pretty well covered anyway, but i guess the wise person checks out disk and ram useage before force quiting Resolve. when it appears to hang on startup... and patience is a virtue

lots of patience...

and then some more patience

but it's great to have the last few hours back, waiting for the indexers to re-build is faster than re-gradeing a few hours work from memory

might be nice to have to have it tell you it working (likely indexing media to restore the project's database) rather than reporting 100% for 20 min...

Return to DaVinci Resolve