Toggling monitors

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Roen Davis

Toggling monitors

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 2:03 am

Hi All
I am editing away and find some things a little awkward:

is there a quick toggle between source and edit monitors?
example: trying to match a frame with replaced footage to the edit monitor.
is there a button that just toggles so you can keep slipping frames on the source ready for a Replace Clip F11?

further: you are working from a long camera rush that has lots of good material - you mark an in, mark an out hit F9 and then JKL for the next in/out but the focus has gone to the edit monitor/timeline so you need to mouse or ??? to get back to the source monitor.

I acknowledge I might have missed something in boot camp!
to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

Re: Toggling monitors

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm

[q] iirc
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Paul Sangha

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 1:44 pm

yes - Q key as above. Also
Ctrl+1 = Source Viewer
Ctrl+2 = Timeline Viewer
Ctrl+3 = Timeline

Working on a Resolve 12.5 Editing Keyboard layout on the side, will share once done (working slowly to make it as easy to read and use as possible).

P.S. - Not sure if I am doing something wrong - but when I double click a vid file in media bin - yes it appears in the source viewer as expected - but using arrows keys etc still moves the selection around in the media bin. I would intuitively expect (from general PC use) - when you double click on something, that file/program opens and is also highlighted/selected so to speak. Using Ctrl+1 doesn't get me to source viewer either - I have to use mouse to highlight source viewer. Ill go home again and check if I am missing something.
| www.Paulharveer.com | Engineer/Photographer |

Roen Davis

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 10:04 pm

Thank you gentlemen!
I should do more reading! The manual.
The techs in my formative years had a saying: RTFM = read the fine manual. Sometimes fine would be swapped out for another word that starts with f.

Cheers
to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

Return to DaVinci Resolve