Changing the name of the file that i'm saving/rendering?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Esa Lackström

Changing the name of the file that i'm saving/rendering?

PostThu Oct 20, 2016 2:06 pm

I can't find the option to do so, i've tried googling. Someone in the forums said something about changing some fields. I couldn't find the fields that were suggested.

What's the thing stopping me just clicking on the file name at render options, since i can perfectly fine edit the save folder right underneath the filename?

I usually render at night, 3-4 gaming videos at a time, so it's a hassle to save them to different folders, then rename them the next morning after checking whats what, transfer to the correct folder to wait when i start uploading them to youtube.

Adam Simmons

Re: Changing the name of the file that i'm saving/rendering?

PostThu Oct 20, 2016 2:09 pm

On the 'Deliver' page you have 3 options, 'Video', 'Audio' and 'File'. Click on the one marked 'File' and type in the name you want in the 'Custom name' box.

It also tells you this in the manual under 'File' in the 'Rendering Media' section
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to DaVinci Resolve