Recommended Workflow?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

June Kim

Recommended Workflow?

PostSun Nov 27, 2016 2:55 am

Hello. I am a newbie in using NLE.

I have been having a hard time finding out a simpler way. I have a computer screen recording 3 hours long with audio -- mainly two people talking. The problem is audio quality isn't good. I refined it with Audacity with compressor, adaptive noise filtering and so on, and saved it into a separate audio file.

I have to edit the video(mainly, dropping useless parts) synced with enhanced audio track. What is the recommended workflow?

The problem is, if I use Mark In/Out on the original video and choose the usable parts that I want first, then I have to manually sync those hundreds of cuts with my new audio file -- it is a tedious job.

A viable approach would be drop the original audio track and replace it with the new one and bake a new video file, then I could Mark In/Out with the new video file. Yet, I suspect there could be an easier way.

I would really appreciate any suggestion.

June

June Kim

Re: Recommended Workflow?

PostWed Nov 30, 2016 4:17 pm

While my original posting was waiting for the approval from the moderator, I figured one way out myself.

1) Import video and refined audio file.
2) Selected these two in Media page.
3) Right click and Auto-sync Audio Based on Timecode(or Waveform)
4) Now go to the Edit page and do the mark in/out throughout the video and add up the sections that I like(with shift-f12 to append end of timeline)

However, I'd love to listen to other ideas.

Return to DaVinci Resolve