Media Pool now empty when project opened

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

michaeldavis

Media Pool now empty when project opened

PostFri Dec 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi,

By the looks of previous posts, this has been an issue in earlier versions, but does anyone have a fix for this?

Basically I've just upgraded two completely separate macs from version 11 to version 12.5.3.014. On both mac pros, separate databases, separate projects, I've opened a project, it's been fine.

Saved and closed it, but next time it opens, all the media from the bins has disappeared. Bins are still there - but they're empty.

Yesterday, I brought all the media in again and everything relinked without having to do anything. Today's project, though, all the media was brought in via XML conform, and due to the way Resolve has created a fresh Compound Clip from each shot (not sure why, may be the XAVC codec), nothing relinks.

Does anyone have an idea how to 'un-lose' all this media, since they were compound clips?

I know once I've fixed it, I need to export everything to a new database, sharpish, but by the looks of it this is going to happen to all our projects, so looking for a Panic Button...

Return to DaVinci Resolve