Problem with RAW in Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ezmeer

Problem with RAW in Resolve

PostTue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 pm

I have been using the BMCC for a few weeks now but never really have the time to process the RAW DNG in Resolve (most of the time ProRes and the .mov files are just fine).

However, upon a few trials today I noticed that my .DNG files shown in my Resolve are not as I expected it to be based on Tutorials that I have managed to look over the webs.

Please see the attachment for the print screen on the problem.

I noticed that the RAW files in the SSD are all in a separate folders (not sure whether this is normal or not) and each folder contains a separate .DNG files (each of them varied in terms of frames numbers) with only one Audio files that capture the entire duration of the scene. Is this normal?

I can supply you a sample of this simple RAW files if you want to have a look.

Is this a "Drop-Frame" issue with the SSD? Or I am very clueless in the RAW world? Hopefully this has nothing to do with the BMCC capturing capability on RAW itself or else I am screwed.

Thanks and your opinion is highly required here!
Attachments
Screen Shot.png
Screen Shot.png (914.52 KiB) Viewed 1175 times

Albert N. Romero

Re: Problem with RAW in Resolve

PostTue Feb 26, 2013 5:52 pm

When you have a folder with the name instead a clip, and that folder has mini clips, its for sure a drop frame problem. See that, your first clip ends at 99 and the next one starts at 101. You missed the number 100....

wich SSD are you using? I have one certified but is not working...

look at this
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5222

Return to DaVinci Resolve