Openfx plugins not showing up in resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Robert Persson

Openfx plugins not showing up in resolve

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Hello. I have downloaded and installed the collection of plugins from the OpenFX site on my 64-bit Windows 10 system and then restarted Resolve, but the plugins are not showing up. I have tried copying the plugin directory to other locations, based on suggestions in other forum posts, but the plugins still won't show up. What should I do?

Stephen Buckley

Re: Openfx plugins not showing up in resolve

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Same here, I've installed a fresh Win 10 64bit with Resolve and Red Giants Universe2 OFX. Unfortunately, nothing appears in the OFX tab of the Color panel. This all worked fine in my Win 7 on another partition. Not really sure how to approach this. Is there some kind of log file that would help determine the issue?
Davinci Resolve Studio 18 - Windows 10 Pro - DELL 7910 Intel Xeon E5v3 @ 2.60GHz 12-core Tower Workstation with 96GB ram - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 TI - 1300w PSU

Jean Claude

Re: Openfx plugins not showing up in resolve

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Stephen Buckley wrote:Same here, I've installed a fresh Win 10 64bit with Resolve and Red Giants Universe2 OFX. Unfortunately, nothing appears in the OFX tab of the Color panel. This all worked fine in my Win 7 on another partition. Not really sure how to approach this. Is there some kind of log file that would help determine the issue?

For windows:
Look in the logs that are in: C: \ ProgramData \ Blackmagic Design \ DaVinci Resolve \ Support \ logs

Open "davinci_resolve.log" with a text editor (notepad)
Research: OFX
Maybe you will have a "Create instance failed for plugin" or other message issue
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Return to DaVinci Resolve