Purple & Green Fringing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Gabi Bucataru

Purple & Green Fringing

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi Gang -

I am dealing with trying to remove a purple and green fringing in a sky shot as seen in my attachment.
It was shot on a Sony a7s. I tried the Hue vs Sat but I was not able to neutralize those colors.
I am curious to hear if you have any suggestions or tips.

thanks a LOT!
Gabi
Attachments
fringing.jpg
pink and green fringing
fringing.jpg (68.28 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Resolve 18.6.2 Studio * WIN10 Pro 64-bit * intel core i7-7700K CPU 4.20Ghz * 32 Gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti *

Daniel Bănică

Re: Purple & Green Fringing

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Gabi Bucataru wrote:Hi Gang -

I am dealing with trying to remove a purple and green fringing in a sky shot as seen in my attachment.
It was shot on a Sony a7s. I tried the Hue vs Sat but I was not able to neutralize those colors.

thanks a LOT!
Gabi

Try to isolate that part of sky with power window, select the needed color with qualifier and then apply the hue vs sat.

Daniel Bănică

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Daniel Bănică wrote:
Gabi Bucataru wrote:Hi Gang -

thanks a LOT!
Gabi

Try to isolate that part of sky with power window, select the needed color with qualifier and then apply the hue vs sat.

Or select hue vs hue

Gabi Bucataru

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Daniel -

Thanks a TON! Yes, that worked. I also tweaked the colors in the Hue vs hue to just bring those colors within the overall sky color palette.
Thanks a ton mate!

cheers!
gabi
Resolve 18.6.2 Studio * WIN10 Pro 64-bit * intel core i7-7700K CPU 4.20Ghz * 32 Gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti *

Daniel Bănică

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Gabi Bucataru wrote:Daniel -

Thanks a TON! Yes, that worked. I also tweaked the colors in the Hue vs hue to just bring those colors within the overall sky color palette.
Thanks a ton mate!

cheers!
gabi

I'm a very beginner but I'm glad I could help.

Return to DaVinci Resolve