DaVinci Resolve 12.5.5 won't start

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Samuele Lilliu

DaVinci Resolve 12.5.5 won't start

PostThu Mar 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi guys,

For some unclear reason Resolve 12.5.5 has stopped working. This is what happens:

- I double click on the Resolve icon (Windows 10);
- I create a new project and double click on it;
- At this point nothing happens, Resolve disappears.

In the Task Manager Resolve is using about 4.4GB of RAM (I have 32GB). PostgreSQL is also running in the background and there are 7 processes running. If I open the ResolveDebug file located in the hidden folder 'C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\logs\' the following message is being written every 10 seconds:

[0x000019d4] | SyManager | ERROR | 2017-03-23 23:10:05,500 | socket failed to connect to server, error: 10061

I only use projects that are in my local machine and I am not trying to connect to any external server. I have uninstalled Resolve several times and tried to delete all the registry keys in the Registry Editor associated with Resolve, but this did not fix the problem.

This is the second time that this happens. Reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch resolved the issue. However, this is not a viable solution.

A reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Return to DaVinci Resolve